Sunday, October 07, 2007

Re-evaluating

I have been spending the last few days really considering what I want this blog to become.

I have such a hard-to-beat inclination to talk about what other midwives do/don't do in a critical way, mainly due to my own struggle to come to grips with the reality of maternity care, midwives included.

But, I don't want this blog to be about my judgement (that is what it is, essentially) of others. I want this blog to be about my own journey as a midwife and my own ideas. More "I" statements than "they" statements. LOL!

Often I feel compelled to post here about various topics because of an encounter with someone or something that I am in disagreement with. So, I will have to carefully check my tendencies to rant on and on about such things because I have been feeling like there is enough out there on the net and in books that bashes what others are doing. I want my blog to approach birth and midwifery from a positive light, spoken more from my heart and mind.

No comments :