Sunday, March 16, 2008

Babies, babies and more babies!

I am officially 'on-call' starting today. There are 4 women due any day now. One mama is close to 42 weeks, and is anxious to have her baby out, but doesn't want to do any interventions to get labor started (yay for her!!). Another mama has very iffy dates. Originally, she thought she was due i December (she was nursing, and hadn't had her period return yet when she got pregnant). Well, she is till pregnant, and it looks like she was due sometime last week, so she will have her baby very soon too.

I am very excited about all these babies that are going to make their appearances soon! My preceptor says that they were all waiting for me to get settled so I could be there. :)

It is a wonderful northwest day outside. Pouring rain one minute to sunny skies the next. I love it!

(Originally posted in April, 2006)
As soon as R. wakes up from his nap, we are going to head out to the store to buy me a watch. I haven't owned a watch in who knows how many years!! But, I need to have one on me during births and prenatals. I still haven't figured out what sort of bag I am going to use for all of my prenatal/birth supplies, but I can take my time to find the right one. I wish I was more crafty with the sewing machine, so I could just make my own!! I am still tempted to try. We will see!

I cast on for a pair of socks for myself, and a soaker for a friend of mine who is due in June with her first baby. Her mother blessing is in 2 weeks, so I hope I can finish it in time! The socks will take me a while I think, they are on size 1 needles, but there is no rush. I enjoy the creation process of just making them.

I like our new city ok. We are adjusting to it, anyhow. I feel rather lonely, no one up here for me to talk to really, but I know that will change in time. I attended our local Stitch'n'Bitch the other night, and that was great to get out of the house for a little while and meet some new people. But, it always takes me a while to warm up to people to make real friends with them. I have always been that way. I think that to some people I may appear cold and distant, but it is really just me being self-conscious. It used to be much worse when I was younger, so I seem to be growing stronger in that regard as I grow.

No comments :